The Best in Show Award was presented to Multi-Color Corp. North America Wine and Spirits for its Sidewinder Spirits Co. prime label. The label was also awarded the Best in Class and First-Place honors in the Offset - Wine & Spirits - Line & Screen Tone - Prime category, making it eligible for the Best in Show citation.
"Challenge was to give the label two entirely different looks, one side metallized, the other not metallic at all," says Multi-Color Corp. in its entry materials. "Print colors, apply varnishes, apply doming silkscreen, then utilize a flatbed, scultpled embossing tool for maximum depth and detail. Lastly, die-cut through a thick material and pull out the small piece in the watch handle."
Suppliers involved in the Best of Show winner include Gallus screens and Agfa printing plates on a Gallus press, Harper Corp. of America anilox rolls, Avery Dennison labelstock and adhesives, and Siegwerk inks and coatings.
The seven Best of Class winners were:
- Digital - Drawbridge Gin - Digital - Toner - Wine & Spirits - Color Process - Prime Syracuse Label & Surround Printing
- Flexo & Letterpress - California Love - Flexography - Excludes Wine & Spirits - Color Process - Prime Labeltronix
- Flexo & Letterpress Wine & Spirits - Silver Rum - Flexography or Letterpress - Wine & Spirits - Line & Screen Tone - Prime McDowell Label & Screen Printing
- Multi-Process - Caprice - Multi-Process - Pressure Sensitive; Excludes Wine & Spirits - Line & Screen Tone - Prime Multi-Color Corp. Mexico
- Offset - Sidewinder Spirits Co. - Offset - Wine & Spirits - Line & Screen Tone - Prime Multi-Color Corp. N.A. Wine and Spirits
- Roll to Roll - Cut & Stack - Vanilla Raspberry - Roll to Roll; Includes Shrink Sleeve - Single Printing Method - Color Process - Prime McDowell Label & Screen Printing
- Specialty Decorated - Venus Swirl Glitter Specialty Decorated Product - Control Group
More info: www.tlmi.com