Entour™ front-of-store, recycle-capable Bear Naked Granola Package by Berry Global, Inc. in the Baking & Snack Category.
As part of the Entour™ family of products, this barrier film offers all the functionality and performance of traditional barrier films while remaining PE recycle-stream-compatible. This coex film has excellent moisture and oxygen barrier that can go through the store drop-off PE recycle stream. It can be surface-printed or used as a component in a lamination.
in the General Winner category.
The LDPET product permits 100% recycling of shrink-sleeved bottles while producing a completely pure R-PET resin, a prerequisite for the manufacturing of new R-PET bottles. Developed using several technological platforms of Sleever International, this breakthrough, approved by APR, was made possible thanks to three major innovations:
- An optical spectrum recognized by infrared detection systems as being the same as PET.
- A specific gravity below 1g/cm3, which allows easy sorting via a floatation tank.
- A unique printing process, which ensures that the specific non-bleeding inks attach perfectly to the sleeve during separation processes.
- Eliminate bottle rejection at the optical sorting stage: any bottle decorated with an LDPET product will be oriented, with no exception, towards the clear PET-recycling channel.
- Produce a completely pure R-PET resin: no more pollution risk due to ink migration or imperfect sorting. Inks remain trapped in the flakes of sleeve which float to the surface of settling tanks, while PET flakes sink to the bottom.
- With the LDPET product, recyclers benefit for the first time from a solution that allows the systematic bottle-to-bottle recovery of PET bottles.