- Wrinkle detection (sudden change in ‘width’)
- Raw material width change (step change in width at a new roll)
- Change in moisture/temperature of a web or upstream process (hygrothermal strains)
- Changes in tension (on low modulus materials)
- Quality of a splice (magnitude of path upset and time to settle)
- Slippage on an upstream misaligned roller (path change during tension upset)
Web Handling And Converting
In a previous post (9/5/2016) I taught that dual edge sensors can easily pick up a wrinkle. Here, I add even more reasons to consider dual edge sensors for process monitoring. The following should be easily detected. Perhaps the readers can think of more.