- UV+EB formulated-product use by volume in North America reached 142,700 tonnes in 2015, up about 7.6% over 2013. This is expected to climb 4.9% this year, and 5.5% annually through 2019.
- North America accounts for 27% of global UV+EB product demand. Market share by country shows UV+EB curing distribution at 77% in the US, 12% in Canada and 11% in Mexico.
- Market share by equipment type is 84% conventional UV, 9% electron beam, and 7% UV LED.
- Converting-related UV+EB formulated-product use by volume in 2015 was 21% graphic arts-inks; 6% printing plates; 5% adhesives.
- The top converting-related growth applications through 2018 for UV+EB use include industrial inkjet (up 12% a year); barrier/conductive films (up 8.3% annually); water-based materials (up 8.0% a year); food packaging (up 7.0% annually); and plastic film/sheet (up 6.6% a year).
- Customer motivations for using UV+EB remain increasing productivity, improving physical performance, enabling new products, and cost-effectiveness.
- Most important advances in the last two years: UV LEDs, better adhesion, faster cure speeds, and less-expensive materials.