SPF-Inc. specializes in consulting services associated with materials, products & processes of printing, coating, laminating, and packaging. AstroNova Inc. is a global leader in data-visualization technologies provider of color label printing solutions for brand owners, packagers, and manufacturers with QuickLabel®, TrojanLabel®, and GetLabels™ brands.
This partnership facilitates an easy, cost-effective, digital-printing method for producing flexible circuits, creating possibilities within RFID, low-power printed circuits, environmental sensors, and more. QuickLabel manufactures and distributes sophisticated thermal-transfer printing systems for durable and high-end prime labels into diverse industries, many of which are now investing in flexible electronics. With the inclusion of Metallograph continuous metallic conductive ribbons, it can provide even greater value to its customer base.
“QuickLabel will be the first narrow web, full system provider to the flexible electronics industry. It brings together the necessary elements of devices, inks, substrates, print quality, ribbon saver, and application expertise,” says Dene Taylor, president at SPF -Inc.
Metallograph capitalizes on the reliability and print quality of QuickLabel’s thermal transfer platform. Printed circuits feature consistent, conductive thickness and do not require drying, curing, or sintering.
“AstroNova is excited about this partnership with SPF and the potential opportunities with flexible printed circuits technology. We look forward to growing with SPF in this exciting industry,” adds AstroNova CTO & VP of Strategic Technical Alliances Michael Natalizia.
- AstroNova has been manufacturing printed circuit boards and supports RFID applications, so are experts with primary Metallograph® applications.
- QuickLabel sells industrial thermal transfer printers ideally suited for Metallograph®, especially multi-layer printed electronics.
- AstroNova has experts for the full complement of thermal transfer components.
- QuickLabel sells a broad range of substrates useful for flexible electronics.
- The QLS-4100 XE multi-layer roll-to-roll printer with Metallograph® ribbons is the most productive single pass output device in this industry.
- AstroNova has a strong presence in North America and Europe, the centers of flexible electronic innovation.
The companies will be exhibiting this technology in Booth R-36 at Printed Electronics USA on Nov. 20-21, 2019, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. PEUSA is the world’s largest event on printed and flexible electronics. d electronics industry.
More info: https://spf-inc.com/metallograph www.astronovainc.com