Touch Display Research forecasts the overall quantum-dot display component and lighting and QLED market will surpass $2 billion by 2017, and reach $10.8 billion by 2026.
“Quantum dot technology could improve Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) dramatically in terms of color gamut, color accuracy and reducing power consumption. The number of companies working on quantum dot has increased to over 80 in 2016 from just 60 companies in 2015,” said Dr. Jennifer Colegrove, CEO and principal analyst of Touch Display Research Inc. “We forecast quantum dot components will have a rapid penetration into displays and lighting from 2016 to 2026.”
- Cadmium-free quantum dot successfully entered the market in 2015.
- Samsung promoted quantum dot displays for its SUHD TV at CES 2016. (Quantum dot exhibitions at CES 2016 are included in this report).
- Dr. Colegrove, author of this report, has conducted many first-hand interviews of quantum dot material and component suppliers, display manufactures, and OEMs in recent 7 years. She is the first analyst to publish a comprehensive quantum dot market report since 2013.
- Over 80 companies are profiled and supply chain analysis with many companies is provided.
- This report provides market analysis and forecast of quantum dot for display and lighting, with analysis of quantum dots for other applications: solar, battery, laser, bio-science, and medical labeling.
- This report provides not only the outlook for quantum dot components in display and lighting, but also analysis and comparison between conventional LCD, LCD with quantum dot, LCD with Cd-free QD, and AMOLED.
- The strengths and weaknesses of key players are analyzed.
- This report provides a Bill of Material (BOM) analysis of quantum dot displays for TV, Notebook PC, and tablet size, and BOM of Cadmium-free quantum dot displays.
- Market data in the report includes 2013 - 2015 history data and forecasts from 2016 to 2026.
- The market forecast includes Unit, quantum dot component ASP and Revenue, with a detailed breakdown by Cadmium-type quantum dot and Cd-free quantum dot; a detailed breakdown by ten applications: TV, Public Signage, Monitor, NB PC, tablet/phablet PC, mobile phone, Digital Still Camera/camcorder, other app displays, lighting, and QLED display.
- In the third edition, we added market forecast with detailed breakdown by form factors: film, tube, and other form factors.