As part of the transaction, Resilience will commit significant financial capital to the new company. Resilience also has assembled a team of industry veterans to strengthen the new company’s operations and industry stature.
In connection with the agreement, Resilience has partnered with LBC Credit Partners, a provider of middle-market financing solutions, and The Kennedy Group, a supplier of labeling, packaging and identification solutions.
“The financial and operating investments that Resilience Capital Partners is making will enable the new company to continue operations and meet customer needs, building upon a century of excellence in labeling,” says Steven H. Rosen, co-CEO of Resilience Capital Partners.
Ron Cozean, the new company’s Executive Chairman, adds, “If you looked at the location of our headquarters, you would say we are an American company. However, if you looked at the location of our customers – from Europe to the Middle East to Asia – you would see that we are a global company. We have the scale, the distribution and the expertise to be a leader globally, and our job is to get there.”
The new company inherits a rich heritage and strengths including:
- State-of-the-art operations and facilities around the globe including: The corporate offices and largest production facility, in Lafayette Hill, PA; a production facility in Humacao, Puerto Rico; and a production facility in Singapore, as well as warehouses and offices around the world.
- Proprietary technology to fulfill the unique needs of the new company’s diverse customer base, including conductive labels that transmit currents for batteries; authenticity/security features that verify genuine pharmaceutical products and expose evidence of tampering; and metallic ink-based labels that provide superior product aesthetics while greatly minimizing the cost and environmental impact compared to older, foil-based techniques.
- Extensive capital investments, including $53.6 million during the past four years, that have established a global footprint of manufacturing facilities equipped with the latest production tools and products.
- Industry leadership in providing state-of-the-art solutions, including high-quality, custom-printed labels and related products, with technologies that enabled the company to offer capabilities that exceed those of its competitors; the company had optimized its operations so as to enable it to produce in excess of 20 billion labels annually, including 15 billion at its main Lafayette Hill facility.
- A proprietary deluxe graphic technology costing more than $10 million to develop; unlike other label providers whose process includes heating foil to provide a metallic effect, this ink-based technology provides buyers with a solution that not only is better-looking but also less expensive and less wasteful.
- Production facilities that, unlike other companies in the industry, use best-in-class machinery that employs the most sophisticated technologies and capabilities.
- A uniform manufacturing layout across the company’s production facilities, unique in the industry that enables it to produce a single graphic look for its customers in all of their geographic end-markets.