A total of 91 awards were given in this year’s competition: 32 gold awards, 30 silver awards, 28 bronze awards, and one self-promotion award.
“Converters are getting very innovative to bring new ideas and products to their brand owners. and this year’s entries definitely showed it. Product embellishments continue to display new innovations and decorative appeal, making the cream rise to the top,” says Excellence in Flexography Awards Committee Member Paul Teachout of PT Consultant Group. “It does not matter if it was from a larger converter group or a single-roof facility. We saw winners from all printers, big and small, and that is exactly how it should be.”
From the pool of gold award-winning prints, six were recognized as Best of Show:
- In the wide-web category, Perfection Packaging’s Eta Uppercuts Corn Tapas Bag (see above)
- In the mid-web category, Sunshine FPC’s Eton Mess with Chargrilled Figs Wrapper
- In the narrow-web category, iTek Packz’s Himalaya Ayurveda Clear Skin Soap Carton
- In the combined corrugated category, Great Northern Corp’s 3M Rock Your Workday Box
- In the preprinted linerboard category, Atlantic Packaging’s Erie Meats Chicken Breasts Poitrines
de Poulet Box
- In the envelope category, Encore Group’s Sky Cinema Announcing Our Christmas 2019 Animation Extravaganza Envelope.
See all of the prints recognized in the 2020 Excellence in Flexography Awards.