This definitive source of data and information also examines several other aspects of the US flexible-packaging industry including:
- Performance (growth, revenue/volume expectations, profitability, and capital spending)
- Materials and processes (printing and expected material usage)
- End-uses (end-use forecast and US Census Bureau retail segments data)
- Structure and consolidation (M&A activity)
- Imports and exports (trade outlook)
- Industry vision, challenges, and critical issues
The US flexible-packaging industry is estimated to be about $30.2 billion in annual sales for 2016. It represents 19% of the $164 billion US packaging industry and is the second largest segment behind corrugated paper.
According to the report, growth of the US flexible-packaging industry has been steady over the past 10 years with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.9% and a 2016 annual growth rate of 2.4%. FPA estimates that the industry will increase to $31 billion in 2017.
The FPA 2017 State of the US Flexible Packaging Industry Report is a benefit of FPA membership and is available in the Members Only section of www.flexpack.org. The Report is available to non-members of FPA for $3,500.