Mail order might not be a new concept, but e-commerce takes it to new levels with a fast-developing digital infrastructure and falling prices for enabling technology. The e-commerce packaging is thus characterised by creative solutions and innovative concepts that optimise distribution and satisfy consumer needs.
The next generation of ecommerce packs must be is lightweight to save energy, robust enough to protect the content, right-sized to save space, and easily recycled. Significantly packaging design plays an even more significant role when the first moment of truth has moved from the shop aisle to the consumer’s kitchen.
‘The Impact of E-commerce on Packaging Long-Term Forecasts to 2029’ takes a closer look at packaging for online shopping from different perspectives – consumers, retailers, brand owners, packaging converters and material suppliers – to answer the following key questions:
- How can e-commerce distribution be enhanced by using innovative packaging features?
- How will an e-commerce-based supply chain change the demands for packaging across 2019-2029?
- What are the impacts on packaging when an omni-channel strategy is developed?
- Can a packaging manufacturer take advantage of the demand for transparency in the supply chain and add smart sensors?
- How does packaging for e-commerce fit into the trend for more sustainable packaging?