DowDuPont will realign the following businesses to the Specialty Products Division from the Materials Science Division:
- Dow’s Automotive Systems’ adhesives and fluids platforms
- Dow’s Building Solutions business
- Dow’s Water and Process Solutions business
- Dow’s Pharma and Food Solutions business
- Dow’s Microbial Control business
- DuPont’s Performance Polymers business
- Several silicones-based businesses aligned with applications in industrial LED, semiconductors, medical, as well as Molykote® brand lubricants for automotive and industrial equipment and Multibase Inc, which provides solutions for the thermoplastic compounding industry
Following the portfolio realignments, the three intended companies of DowDuPont are as follows:
- A leading Agriculture Company that brings together the strengths of DuPont Pioneer, DuPont Crop Protection and Dow AgroSciences to better serve growers around the world with a superior portfolio of solutions (seeds, traits, crop chemicals, seed treatment, agronomy and digital services), ensuring greater choice and competitive price for value. The combined capabilities and highly productive innovation engine will enable the intended Agriculture company to bring a broader suite of products to the market faster, so it can be an even better partner to growers, delivering innovation and helping them to increase their productivity and profitability.
The intended company will be headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, with global business centers in Johnston, IA, and Indianapolis, IN.
- A leading Materials Science Company that will be the premier materials science solution provider, with the vast majority of its sales aligned with three narrower and deeper, high-growth market verticals: packaging, infrastructure and consumer care. With one of the strongest and deepest toolkits in the industry, the intended company will have robust technology and asset integration, scale and competitive capabilities to enable truly differentiated materials science solutions for customers. The intended company will consist of three powerful, market-leading segments:
- Performance Materials & Coatings, which combines a broad range of technology platforms that empower its customers to: create ingredients and solutions with exceptional performance and process enhancements for home and beauty care applications; and develop solutions that advance the performance of architectural and industrial coatings.
- Industrial Intermediates & Infrastructure, which develops solutions that enable unique properties in manufacturing processes, infrastructure markets and downstream finished goods. The technologies in this business unit: deliver innovative solutions that enable the tapping of oil and gas resources; optimize manufacturing with additives that minimize friction and heat in mechanical processes, manage the oil-water interface and facilitate dissolvability; advance energy efficiency solutions in white goods; and enable infrastructure material properties through unique modifiers and additives.
- Packaging & Specialty Plastics, which represents one of the world’s deepest and most differentiated performance plastics portfolios. The solutions and technologies in this unit: address consumer and brand owner demand for increased packaging convenience; reduce food waste; and advance the global development of telecommunications and electrical transmission and distribution infrastructure.
The intended company will maintain the Dow™ brand and will be headquartered in Midland, MI.
- A leading Specialty Products Company that will be a customer-driven innovation leader composed of technology-based differentiated materials, ingredients, and solutions that transform industries and everyday life. The intended company will apply its market knowledge and deep expertise in science and application development to solve customer needs in distinct markets, including electronics, transportation, building and construction, health and wellness, food and safety. The intended company will consist of four market-leading segments:
- Electronics & Imaging, the world’s largest supplier with the broadest set of materials and technologies to solve complex problems for the semiconductor, circuit board, photovoltaic, display and flexographic printing industries that enable the next generation of connectivity and functionality, as well as the convergence of electronic capabilities into everyday life, such as autonomous and electric vehicles.
- Transportation & Advanced Polymers, an industry leader providing high-performance engineering resins, adhesives, lubricants and parts to engineers and designers in the transportation, electronics and medical markets to enable integrated materials solutions for demanding applications and environments.
- Safety & Construction, a global leader and trusted partner with category-leading, proprietary branded products including high-performance fibers and foams, aramid papers, non-woven structures, membranes and filtration technologies and protective garments serving the construction, worker safety, energy, oil & gas, transportation, water purification and medical markets.
- Nutrition & Biosciences, a market leader and technology pioneer collaborating with customers in food, pharma and personal care markets, utilizing naturally sourced ingredients and bioscience capabilities, including protein and microbial engineering and industrial-scale fermentation, to create higher performing, healthier and more sustainable offerings (such as probiotics, enzymes, antimicrobial technologies, pharma excipients and biomaterials).