Experts from Dow’s Packaging and Specialty Plastics business are attending PACK EXPO to share technical knowledge and market insights while encouraging industry collaboration on efforts that help solve global challenges, including those related to sustainability.
“Innovation at Dow is driven by our customers’ needs – we know that we’re successful only if we’re providing our customers with expertise and technology they can use to improve the performance of their products,” said Karen Carter, North America commercial vp-Dow Packaging & Specialty Plastics. “We recognize that by working together we can help our industry grow and address some of the world’s most pressing challenges.”
Dow’s commitment to customer collaboration to help them succeed is the driving force behind the technologies being launched and showcased at PACK EXPO 2016:
- EVERCAP™ Innovative Closure Resins: Dow’s resin portfolio that enables the right balance of performance properties to meet demanding application needs for closures and fitments, helping drive new market opportunities for Dow customers.
- INNATE™ Precision Packaging Resins: Dow is launching the first commercial grade of INNATE™ resins, which create breakthrough opportunities for high performance, sustainable food and industrial packaging solutions.
- DOWLEX™ GM LLDPE Resins: Dow is launching three new grades of DOWLEX™, that are powered by a leading-edge catalyst technology that helps customers achieve differentiated performance for a range of demanding film applications including heavy duty shipping sacks, cast or blown stretch, collation shrink and liners.
- PACACEL™ Solventless Adhesive for general purpose through high performance applications, enabling improved appearance and operational efficiency for faster time to market.
- AGILITY™ Performance LDPE Resins: Dow is launching three new grades of AGILITY™ resins, which enables converter customers to improve operational efficiencies and differentiate their portfolio from competitors.
In addition, Dow is sponsoring PACK EXPO’S Showcase of Packaging Innovations that highlights the latest innovations and award-winning designs in packaging. The packages featured in the showcase are some of Dow’s latest innovations, including INNATE™, PacXpert™, RecycleReady Technology and AGILITY™ EC 7000.
“The Showcase of Packaging Innovations is an exciting component of PACK EXPO, and Dow has had the privilege to be involved with it since it began 13 years ago,” said Carter. “Innovations like these are incredibly important for the continued success and evolution of the packaging industry.”
Packaging innovation from Dow is the result of collaboration with customers and designed to help achieve maximum sustainability performance across a product’s entire lifecycle. Collaboration across the value chain is vital to exploring alternatives for plastic waste, as evidenced from the recent launch of the Hefty Energy Bag program in Omaha, Nebraska. Dow also works with organizations such as Ocean Conservancy, which recently led a global coalition to study major pathways of plastic leakage into oceans and identified solutions to properly concentrate and treat plastic waste in key areas before it makes its way into the ocean.
More info: www.dowpackaging.com