Enhanced services and achievements include:
- Improved polymer solution casting techniques to enable the custom manufacture of high-performance films for exacting market applications, including polyurethane (PU) films for wound-care components, medical tapes and patches; cast film membranes for batteries, fuel cells and haptics/touch sensors; and more.
- Expanded hardcoat services for hard-coating polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and other substrates, including polycarbonate (PC), polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA), polyethylene naphthalate (PEN), and cyclo-olefin polymer (COP). Carestream’s Clear Hardcoat Film features a proprietary formulation usable on a variety of substrates, which imparts a durable, scratch-resistant surface that looks and wears like glass for display, electronic, optical and graphic applications.
- Enhanced multilayer barrier coating for products, including pharmaceuticals, food packaging and electronics, to resist penetration by moisture and gasses.
- Upgraded cleanroom operations with new air handling and filtration systems, as well as coater and web line enclosures. The improvements reduce airborne contamination to levels approaching a Class 100 environment in Carestream’s coating and slitting operations, resulting in fewer point defects and higher yields. Carestream also hired new production facility employees to ensure optimal conditions for quality assurance.
- The company also earned an honorable mention in the AIMCAL 2015 John Matteucci Award for Technical Excellence in the Web Coating category for Todd Arndorfer’s technical paper, “Solution Delivery for High-Precision Coating.”
More info: www.tollcoating.com