This 12-micron Biaxially Oriented Polyethylene Terephthalate (BOPET) film, owing to a specially modified surface treatment (on one side), offers very high barrier to oxygen. The other side of the film can be corona treated or left untreated as per the requirements of the convertor. The Oxygen Transmission Rate (OTR) of this film is < 6 cm3/m2/day at 23 deg C. & 0% RH. A big advantage with this film is the fact that it does not require any coating or co-extrusion of Polyvinylidene Chloride (PVDC) or Ethylene Vinyl alcohol (EVOH) for enhancing barrier properties.
An untreated BOPET normal film of 12-micron has OTR as high as 135 cm3/m2/day; thereby offering much weaker barrier to O2. A normal film quite essentially requires inline or offline PVDC/EVOH coating for enhancing the barrier properties.
The benefits of FLEXPETTM F-PGB-12 film are numerous:
- It offers good flexibility;
- Exhibits very good optical properties/ transparency;
- Offers good machinability and handling properties owing to high Tensile Strength at Break (TSB);
- Poses excellent barrier to gas as compared to normal BOPET film;
- Offers cost benefits w.r.t. PVDC/EVOH coated/co-extruded substrates.